I haven’t properly introduced myself on here yet, so I’ll tell you a few basic things about myself just so that you have some background into my life.
- I lived in Michigan for most of my life, up until my second year of college. I was raised in Owosso, went to school school in Corunna and then in Kalamazoo for college. I left in 2013.
- I moved to Knoxville, TN in August of 2013 to be with my boyfriend. I worked part time and went to school for Massage Therapy. I graduated in January of 2014 and started working part time at a spa and part time at a chiropractor as an LMT. I went back to school in the fall of 2014 part time at a community college hoping to get into the Radiological Technology program. I didn’t, so in August of 2015 I spoke to recruiters for the United States Air Force and Navy. I went to MEPS the following Monday and sat around in DEP until January of 2016.
- I’ve been in the Navy since Jan 19 2016. I joined as E-3 and made E-4 in November 2016. My rate is AC- Air Traffic Controller. I am stationed at NAS Whidbey Island, WA. Currently, I am only qualified in Flight Planning which isn’t a control position but it’s something the Navy has added onto ATC duties. (I think that’s going away soon though?) Anyway- I should be starting radar final control this week actually!
- I have two dogs- a Great Dane named Luna (Lovegood, of course) who is 5 this year and a Rottie/Golden/Lab mix named Daisy (after the Brand New album!) who is 4 this year. They are my entire life! My parents are taking such good care of them for me in Michigan right now while I wait to buy a house out here. I miss them so terribly every day and can’t wait to cuddle them to sleep every night again! You’ll end up seeing so many pictures of them on here. I apologize in advance.
- I love being outdoors. We were able to have some say in where we ended up for our first duty station and I chose Washington because I knew it would be absolutely breathtaking. It hasn’t disappointed. I am so happy being surrounded by National Parks. Despite how expensive it is here, I am having the time of my life exploring the PNW. I have always wanted to live on the West Coast, I just thought it would be in California! Little did I know that I would fall so hard for Washington. It’s going to be really hard to get me to leave!
- I love hockey! I wear many hats, but I am a true Predators fan. I first got into hockey when I moved to Tennessee, and I began going to every game in Nashville that I possibly could. It was always a blast. I obviously like the Red Wings as well, Michigan being my home and all.. and I have claimed the Canucks as my own since Vancouver is the closest arena to me now. I just love going to games. I absolutely love the atmosphere and I think it’s the funnest sport to watch. You heard it here first- the Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup this year! Bet on it.
- I am very much into fitness and nutrition as of late. I have been on and off for years but I’ve been more dedicated and motivated than ever these past 6 weeks.. and I am really trying to make permanent changes in my life. I’ve always been a smoker.. and I gave that up recently as well as drinking. Not entirely, but I keep my booze to one night on the weekend and only smoke when I drink and it’s offered to me. I know it’s still bad, but it’s progress! One day I won’t smoke at all and one day I’m hoping I won’t miss drinking on the weekdays. In due time.
- I ramble a lot. I always have a lot to say but none of it is interesting.
- I love to write! I had a writing major for awhile in college because I wanted to do something along the lines of journalism, even though my real passion is creative writing and on the other side of things, editing. I have a super talented friend that will be an author one day and I hope I’ll have the opportunity to help her in the editing process.
- I have had the same purse since 2008. It is so worn out and disgusting that it looks like it was made that way. haha! I can never find another one that I like. Purse shopping is impossible.
I’ll probably add onto this later- but I just realized that it’s 3AM and I should get going. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit. Happy (technically) Monday! xo